The HP A7500 Switch Series comprises 10 Gigabit modular core switches designed for the requirements of enterprise data center applications. These multilayer switches meet the evolving needs of integrated services networks, and can be deployed in multiple network environments, including the enterprise LAN core, aggregation layer, and wiring closet edge, as well as in metropolitan area networks (MANs) and data centers. They feature cost-effective wire-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports to provide the throughput and bandwidth necessary for mission-critical data and high-speed communications. A passive backplane, support for load sharing, and redundant management and fabrics help HP A7500 series switches offer high availability. Moreover, these switches deliver wire-speed Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing services for the most demanding applications.FeaturesQuality of Service (QoS)
• IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of trafficIntrusion detection/prevention system (IDS/IPS)
• Deep packet inspection: module supports deep packet inspection and examines the packet payload as well as the frame and packet headers; packets are dropped if attacks or intrusions are detected using signature-based or protocol anomaly-based detectionFirewall
• Stateful firewall: enforces firewall policies to control traffic and filter access to network services; maintains session information for every connection passing through it, enabling the firewall to control packets based on existing sessionsVirtual private network (VPN)
• IPSec: provides secure tunneling over an untrusted network such as the Internet or a wireless network; offers data confidentiality, authenticity, and integrity between two endpoints of the networkManagement
• Management interface control: provides management access through modem port, terminal interface, as well as in-band and out-of-band Ethernet ports; provides access through terminal interface, telnet, or SSHConnectivity
• High-density port connectivity: up to 10 interface module slots; up to 84 10-GbE ports, 480 Fiber Gigabit, or 480 PoE-enabled ports per A7500 series systemPerformance
• High-speed fully distributed architecture: - 2.4 Tbps backplane supports 1152 Gbps switching capacity maximum, providing enhancedperformance and future expansion capability; with dual fabrics,the switch delivers up to 714 Mpps throughput. - All switching and routing performed in the I/O modules . - Meets today's and future demand of enterprise's bandwidth-intensive applications.