Images are for illustrative purposes only.
The Cisco® Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP), Enhanced Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+), and X2 devices for use on the Cisco MDS 9000 family of products are hot-swappable transceivers that plug into ports on the Cisco MDS 9000 family director switching modules and fabric switches. These transceivers give users the flexibility to choose different cabling types and distances on a port-by-port basis.Cisco Coarse Wavelength-Division Multiplexing Extended Distance SFP Solution
The Cisco MDS 9000 family offers cost-effective multiprotocol extended distance connectivity that optimizes the use of a customer's existing optical infrastructure through the Cisco Coarse Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (CWDM) SFP solution. The Cisco CWDM SFP solution has two main components: a set of eight wavelength-specific SFPs and a set of CWDM optical add-drop modules (OADMs). A Cisco CWDM chassis enables rack-mounting of up to two Cisco CWDM OADMs. The Cisco CWDM OADMs are passive and require no power or configuration.
The Cisco CWDM SFP solution enables the transport of up to eight channels over one pair of single-mode fiber strands, enabling enterprises to increase the bandwidth of an existing optical infrastructure without adding new fiber strands. The solution can be used in parallel with other Cisco SFP devices on the same platform.Cisco 4-Gbps CWDM SFPs
- In typical point-to-point deployments, all wavelengths have a minimum reach of 40 km (24.8 mi).
- Parameters are specified over temperature and at end of life unless otherwise noted.
- When shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used, you may need to insert an inline optical attenuator in the link to avoid overloading the receiver.
- Up to 24 Cisco 4-Gbps CWDM SFP Transceivers are supported in a single Cisco MDS 9000 family switching module.
- When interoperating a Cisco 4-Gbps CWDM SFP Transceiver with a Cisco 1/2-Gbps CWDM SFP Transceiver, you must manually configure the port speeds on the Cisco 4-Gbps CWDM SFP Transceiver to 1 or 2 Gbps.