The NETGEAR Intelligent Edge M4100 series consists of 12 fully managed switches, ranging from 8-port Fast Ethernet to 50-port Gigabit Ethernet.
They are ideal for all organizations considering reliable, affordable and simple access layer switching with CLI, advanced scripting capabilities and Layer 3 routing.
As a cost-effective component of converged voice, video and data networking solutions, NETGEAR M4100 series delivers a secure edge in commercial buildings and campus LAN environments: PoE (802.3af) and PoE+ (802.3at) versions of M4100 series are perfect for Wireless access points, IP telephony and IP surveillance deployments.Layer 2+ with static routing
- M4100 series comes with Port-based / VLAN-based / Subnet-based "static routing" Layer 2+ versions
- L3 fixed routes to the next hop towards the destination network are added to the routing table
- L3 routing is wire-speed in M4100 series hardware with 64 static routes (IPv4)Engineered for convergence
- Automatic multi-vendor Voice over IP prioritization based on SIP, H323 and SCCP protocol
- Voice VLAN and LLDP-MED for automatic IP phones QoS and VLAN configuration
- Advanced classifier-based hardware for L2, L3, L4 security and prioritization
- Advanced Multicast filtering with IGMP and MLD snooping and querier modesHigh-value performance and IPv6 ready
- 16K MAC addresses; up to 100Gbps switching fabric; 9K jumbo frames; Green Ethernet
- IPv4/IPv6 ingress traffic filtering (ACLs) and prioritization (QoS - DiffServ)High availability and PoE/PoE+ full power capability
- Redundant power supply option for uninterruptible operation (RPS)
- External power supply option for PoE and PoE+ full power applications (EPS up to 1,440W)Industry standard management
- Industry standard command line interface (CLI)
- Fully functional NETGEAR web interface (GUI)